I begin with the story of the four lepers as recorded in 2 Kings 7, to inform you that you are not useless, God has selected you to be the next good news bearer.
As written the 2 Kings 6:24 to 7:1-end, the four lepers did not see themselves as useless or insignificant. They did not only take the risk of visiting the camp of the enemy in search of survival, they also took the step of bearing the good news that food surplus was now a reality in Samaria. These were steps that the nobles of the country could not take, but lepers took.
From this story, one would realize the wonderful power of God Almighty to use anyone who dares to take steps, regardless of their disabilities. We see:
- Food in the hands of lepers
- Good news from the lips of the undesired
- Economic solution in the hands of poorest
- National salvation from the acts of the undesired and the unrecognized
- If God can use lepers to save their nation through mere sharing of good news, He can use me, He can use you – to save families, communities, and nations through gospel sharing.
WHAT DID GOD USE THE LEPERS FOR?
- Simply to share the good news of miraculous food surplus, after a period of famine.
WHAT DOES GOD WANT TO USE YOU AND ME FOR?
- God wants to use us as His honorable vessels and voices to SHARE THE GOOD NEWS of Jesus Christ. Joy will come to the nations.
Begin to see yourself as a useful tool in the hands of God. You are not too weak to say something good that the Lord has done for you. Begin to propagate (spread widely) the gospel of Jesus Christ. He has commanded us to do so saying, “… All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20).
- You are the next good news bearer. Go for it, you will bring liberation to the world around you.
- Start to meet needs of people, they’ll be drawn to your loving Christ
- Use your money to pursue your passion for humanity (may be setting up something for widows, addicts, orphans, etc.), thereby sharing the love of Christ.
If God sees your readiness to share the good news of Jesus, then be rest assured that He will always miraculously meet your personal needs; yes, you are the next to find food in the midst of scarcity, just as in the case of the lepers. You are the next to solve the problems of nations, because a lot of people are dying of hopelessness all over the world without salvation. Romans 10:14 states, “How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?” You are the next to make heavens rejoice, according to Luke 15:10: Jesus said, “Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” You are not too small; you are not useless. If God could use the unrecognized, cast-away lepers, He can surely use you. He is waiting for you to take the bold step to sharing your testimony with others about what Jesus has done for you. Oh, how liberating that will be to the world. Do not be quiet, you are the next voice of God on earth to the confused, perplexed, hopeless and dying world around you.