Dearest one of God, the bible encourages us saying, whatever we do, we should do all to the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10.31), because we were created to bring Him glory (Isa. 43:6-7).
In Christendom, there are several ministries one can get involved with but today I wish to intimate you with a truth today that among the many things we could do to bring glory to God, giving is one important one.
I’d like to introduce the act of giving as a ministry (a continuous function / duty). It is a ministry because the bible calls it so in 2 Cor. 9:12-13, saying, “So two good things will result from this ministry of giving – …” “As a result of your ministry, they will give glory to God.” NLT
Therefore in this message I will briefly teach on the ministry of giving, looking at the principles that must influence your giving and the what your giving does toward people and God.
Principles governing giving in the context of the above-referenced texts:
- “You must each decide in your heart how much to give.
- And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.” (2 Cor. 9:7).
- Do not make mindless offering, it is evil (Eccl. 5:1).
- You are given in order to give to others abundantly (2 Cor.9:8).
What My Giving does
- It meets the needs of people (vs. 12)
- It makes people whose needs are met to bring glory to the name of God (vs. 12-13)
- It is a ministry which proves your obedience to the good news of Christ or your confession of faith (vs. 13)
- God counts my giving as righteousness unto me (vs. 9)
- Receivers will pray for you affectionately (vs. 14)
As a result
- God continues to give me so that I may continue to give others (vs. 8)
- God increases my blessings and reckons more righteousness unto me (vs. 10)