The Bible says, “the life of flesh is in the blood …” – Lev. 17:11
This means there is no life without blood. This is easily understood in that, as we know it, if anyone is in a situation where there is too much loss of blood, the person may die – “because life is in the blood”.
When a person suffers from blood disorder, he or she may require frequent blood transfusion in order to prevent death; and soon as the person receives the needed blood, they are good to go – “because life is in the blood”.
Human blood has life in it because of it’s component: Red cells, White cells, platelets and plasma.
- Red blood cells help carry oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body tissues and bring back carbon dioxide to the lungs so that it can be exhaled.
- White blood cells are ones that help defend the body against diseases in general.
- Platelets work with clotting components in order to help prevent bleeding.
- Plasma is made up of water, proteins, salt, sugar, fat, hormones, vitamins, etc.
Knowing what the functions of the components of our blood, we realize that truly, “the life of the flesh is in the blood.”
Now all I have said has to do with the human blood, how much more the blood of Jesus Christ.
What Are The Difference Between Human Blood And The Blood Of Jesus?
- The life that is in human being can still die, but life that the blood of Jesus gives is eternal (Jn. 6:54a)
- The life that is in human being can be contaminated, but that of Jesus is pure
- If one comes in contact with infected human blood, one would catch a disease but if you contact the blood of Jesus, you become cured of diseases.
- During human blood transfusion, the receiver’s name, id, date and other pertinent information must be labeled on the blood pouch in order to avoid given him / her a wrong blood type; but the blood of Jesus is good for all people. Jesus’ blood is only one type – good for salvation healing, protection and victory for all people, regardless of race, creed, sex, etc. Glory be to God for Jesus.
The power of the blood of Jesus:
Power for Washing (song: – What can wash away my sins, nothing but the blood of Jesus)
- Cleanses people’s conscience from dead works – Heb. 9:14; Rev. 1:5 (without cleansing with water, we will stink. So without cleaning of the blood of Jesus, we stink).
- Brought about forgiveness of sin – because it is the blood of the new covenant that was shed for remission of sins (Mat. 26:28); Heb. 9:22,
Suitable for Drinking (John 6:53-56)
Refreshing and sustaining power through Drinking (brings vitality, sustainability, etc.): Just as one would stink without washing, so would one faint and die without drinking water. Without drinking the blood of Jesus, one has no life; even though one may be alive physically, just as the people Jesus was addressing in this passage were. He was offering them the life that could connect them with God.
Jesus said, if you drink the blood:
- You have eternal life because you will be raised in the last day – (Jn. 6:54)
- You abide in Him – (Jn. 6:56). When you drink water you experience inner satisfaction, your thirst is quenched; so it is when you drink the blood of Jesus, you experience a solid relationship with God that brings inner satisfaction. You will live forever like Jesus who feeds of His father.
How do you drink the blood of Jesus? It is a heavenly mystery received by faith in Christ and the workings of the Holy Spirit.
- To drink the blood of Jesus is to whole-heartedly absorb by faith all the works that the blood is sent to do – cleansing and victory.
- It is to know that just as food and drink nourishes the flesh, so does the Lord’s Supper nourishes and strengthens our souls.
Remember that we are the body of Christ and everybody needs blood to survive. Therefore as a Christian, the only way to survive is to drink the blood that was shed for you.
Power of Peace & Reconciliation (Col. 1:20): Jesus reconciled all things, both in heaven and on earth, then made peace for us with God – through the shedding of His blood.
Power of victory: Gives people victory over Satan – Rev. 12:11. This is why it makes sense when we say we plead the blood of Jesus over all satanic influences and plagues.
Power to Purchase / Redeem: The blood is the price Jesus paid for the salvation of mankind. Jesus purchased us with His blood – Acts 20:28; 1 Peter 1:18-19; Heb. 9:12. Now, as a believer, you are worth something. The power remains; anyone who comes to Christ today will be purchased by the blood. The price has been paid.
For us to have this all-blood for washes, removes thirst, brings victory, it was not free. Jesus paid a price, even His life on the cross. So the cost of your cleansing, victory and salvation is the blood of Jesus. The least we could do is to say “thanks” by yielding our lives to Him. This Jesus is the only One worthy to open the book with the seven seals (Rev. 5:1-9). Anyone who is still on earth after the seals have been open will not be able to make it.
Repent now and let the power of the blood of Jesus cleans you and you will be saved.