For all the great and beloved ladies who would allow God’s words (the bible) to influence and guide your lives, here are some helpful points that the Spirit of God revealed to me in the book of Judges chapter 13 (the story of the conception of Samson). Please observe, interpret and apply same to your lives, you will be blessed.
- Be assured that God knows your needs: Manoah’s “wife was barren and had no children” – Judges 13:2
- Be assured that he will appear to you even now to meet the needs: And the Angel of the Lord appeared to the woman and said to her, “Indeed now, you are barren and have borne no children, but you shall conceive and bear a son.” – Judges 13:3-4
- Though you have a problem, maintain your relationship with God so He may find you on the day of your blessing – Judges 13:3-5
- Let you husband know your business; it makes him feel fulfilled as a man. Do not hide any information from him, of course this means that you had always maintained a good relationship with him even when you still had some unanswered prayers – so you can now share good news with him: “So the woman cane and told her husband, saying, “A man of God came to me … and he said to me, “behold you shall conceive and bear a son …” – Judges 13:6-7
- When you are instructed to sacrifice something, let go of something or abstain from something or a lifestyle, do not argue. Trust and obey, no matter how much you are used to the old ways: “And He said to me, ‘Behold, you shall conceive and bear a son. Now drink no wine or similar drink, nor eat anything unclean, for the child shall be a Nazirite to God from the womb to the day of his death.’” – Judges 13:7
- Pray that your husband will be a praying man who has free access to God. Do not stop him from spending time in prayer. Encourage him to join the men who pray in your church or neighborhood: “Then Manoah prayed to theLord, and said, “O my Lord, please let the Man of God whom You sent come to us again and teach us what we shall do for the child who will be born.” – Judges 13:8
- Pray that your husband will be the type that is interested in what excites you: “So Manoah arose and followed his wife. When he came to the Man, he said to Him, “Are You the Man who spoke to this woman?” And He said, “I am.” – Judges 13:11
- Pray that your husband will be a man who will seek God’s face on your behalf, instead of running after other women. Pray he will be a man who will encourage you to observe God’s instruction: “She may not eat anything that comes from the vine, nor may she drink wine or similar drink, nor eat anything unclean. All that I commanded her let her observe.” – Judges 13:14
- Whenever your husband expresses fear concerning any issue, be an encourager and a counselor. Do not disregard his feelings: And Manoah said to his wife, “We shall surely die, because we have seen God!” But his wife said to him, “If the Lord had desired to kill us, He would not have accepted a burnt offering and a grain offering from our hands, nor would He have shown us all these things, nor would He have told us such things as these at this time.” – Judges 13:22-23
- When all of the above are adhered to, your joy shall become fulfilled: “So the woman bore a son and called his name Samson; and the child grew, and the Lord blessed him.” – Judges 13:24
There are no deeper interpretations here other than what is observed within the context of the scripture we have examined – Judges 13:1-end
All scriptures are quoted from the NKJV of the bible.